Friday, May 2, 2014

UNTIL YOU'RE MINE (SAMANTHA HAYES)



MY REVIEW:
Random House UK|April 1, 2014|Trade Paperback|ISBN: 978009584827

You're alone. You're vulnerable. And you have something that someone else wants. At any cost...If you like Before I Go to Sleep, you'll love this gripping psychological thriller.

Claudia seems to have the perfect life. She's heavily pregnant with a much wanted baby, she has a loving husband, and a beautiful home. And then Zoe steps into her life. Zoe has come to help Claudia when her baby arrives. But there's something about Zoe that Claudia doesn't like. Or trust. And when she finds Zoe in her room going through her most personal possessions, Claudia's anxiey turns to real fear.

Someone is cutting babies out of women's abdomens and leaving the women to die. Is Claudia suspecting Zoe? Why can't Claudia find a Zoe Harper listed anywhere with Zoe's photo attached to it. She keeps coming up at these dead ends.

Claudia, a social worker, takes her job very seriously and this type of baby getting and ultimate murder is disturbing to her at best. Claudia herself is eight and a half months pregnant and her husband, James is away on a submarine in the Navy and can't be reached. It's a top secret mission so Claudia is left with his twin boys on her own with Zoe as their Nanny.

This novel moved along at a frenetic pace that I almost couldn't keep up with. This is one of the best novels I think I'm going to read in all of 2014. I never in a million years saw the ending to this book coming, it shocked me right out of my shoes. I stayed up until one o'clock in the morning just so I could finish the book. There was no way I was going to be able to sleep with Claudia, the twins, Zoe, the police and other characters roaming through my mind.

It was so good, I might just have to read it again will be definitely be recommending it to everyone. I think we'll see this on the bestsellers list shortly once word gets out about UNTIL YOU'RE MINE, a heart-pounding read for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment