Friday, May 16, 2014

LOST DECEMBER (RICHARD PAUL EVANS)



MY REVIEW:
Thorndike Press|November 2, 2011|Hardcover|ISBN: 978-1-4516-2800-5

When Luke Crisp graduates from business school, his father, CEO and cofounder of Fortune 500 Crisps's Copy Centers, is ready to share some good news: he wants to turn the family business over to his son. But Luke has other plans. Taking control of his trust fund, Luke leaves home to pursure a life of reckless indulgence.

But when his funds run out , so do his friends. Humbled, alone, and too ashamed to ask his father for help, Luke secretly takes a lowly job at one of his father's copy centers. There he falls in love with a struggling single mother and begins to understand the greatest source of personal joy.

LOST DECEMBER is Richard Paul Evans's modern-day version of the biblical story of the prodigal son, a powerful tale of redemption, hope, and the true meaning of love.

Each time I pick up an Evans' book I know I'm not going to be disappointed and this one was no different. Exceptional writing, storyline and characters make for a passionate read and one that you just can't put down. I read this in one sitting as I just couldn't in good conscience leave these characters alone until I knew each of them was safe and sound and had found what they were looking for. Believe me, you won't be disappointed in this story and I guarantee once you've read LOST DECEMBER you'll be looking for more of Richard's novels to fill your shelves with. This man has the uncanny ability to pen the most hypnotizing novels ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment