Monday, November 21, 2011

MEGAN'S WAY (MELISSA FOSTER)

Story Description 

What would you give up for the people you love?

When Megan Taylor, a single mother and artist, receives the shocking news that her cancer has returned, she'll be faced with the most difficult decision she's ever had to make. She'll endure an emotional journey, questioning her own moral and ethical values, and the decisions she'd made long ago. The love she has for her daughter, Olivia, and her closest friends, will be stretched and frayed.

Meanwhile, fourteen-year-old Olivia's world is falling apart right before her eyes, and there's nothing she can do about it. She finds herself acting in ways she cannot even begin to understand. When her internal struggles turn to dangerous behavior, her life will hang in the balance.

Megan's closest friends are caught in a tangled web of deceit. Each must figure out how, and if, they can expose their secrets, or forever be haunted by their pasts. 


My Review 

MEGAN’S WAY is a story wrought with the strength of friendships, making choices, and keeping secrets.  I’ve never read a book that focused so much on the thoughtfulness of others.  Megan, Holly, Jack, Peter, and Olivia are all deeply thoughtful and caring people who are totally committed to each other.  Each of them, through different circumstances, were forced to look deep within themselves and deal with their past and present decisions.  Over time, people’s depth of morals, values, and traditions change – some for the better, some for the worst.   

Megan and her daughter, Olivia, had a strong relationship filled with so much love and closeness that they had a bit of a paranormal connection in that they could feel each other’s pain. 

The decision Megan made in the end is the same decision I think I would have made as well if I were ever in the same circumstance that Megan was.  Tough decisions are not easy to make but Megan’s overwhelming love for her daughter propels her to that end. 

The characters were so well developed and I was immediately drawn in right from the beginning of this book.  I had to keep the Kleenex box at hand for a few pages here and there.  I would highly recommend this book for everyone and believe once you’ve read it, you’ll think of your own mortality a little bit differently.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just received a Google Alert about Megan's Way. What a lovely surprise to find this review. Thank you for reading Megan's story, and thank you for sharing your thoughts with others. I truly appreciate that. I hope you will consider sharing your review on Amazon. Every positive review makes a difference.

    Thank you again for reading. If you haven't heard, Megan's Way is currently being adapted to film (yay!). My other two books, Chasing Amanda and Come Back to Me are both currently Amazon bestsellers. I hope you'll give them a try.

    I'll be passing your blog along to others, and perhaps you'd like to join me at WoMen's Literary Cafe. I work with many bloggers and we're creating a wonderful community for readers and authors.

    Happy holidays.

    xo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete