Thursday, August 25, 2011

A STOLEN LIFE - A MEMOIR (JAYCEE DUGARD)


Story Description:

 In the summer of 1991 I was a normal kid. I did normal things. I had friends and a mother who loved me. I was just like you. Until the day my life was stolen.

For eighteen years I was a prisoner. I was an object for someone to use and abuse.
For eighteen years I was not allowed to speak my own name. I became a mother and was forced to be a sister. For eighteen years I survived an impossible situation.

On August 26, 2009, I took my name back. My name is Jaycee Lee Dugard. I don’t think of myself as a victim. I survived.

A Stolen Life is my story—in my own words, in my own way, exactly as I remember it.
My Review:

On June 10, 1991 eleven-year-old Jaycee Dugard was kidnapped while on her way to the school bus by Philip Girrado and his wife, Nancy.  They kept her in confinement for the next eighteen-years when she was finally discovered by the FBI when she was twenty-nine-years-old.

During Jaycee’s captivity she father two children to Philip Girrado and the abuse and rapes she endured from him were absolutely horrendous.  However, her spunky spirit and ability to learn quickly to go along with Philip proved time and again to make her encounters with him less painful. 

Written with integrity and honesty, Jaycee is one very brave and courageous woman who deserves a great deal of respect for what she has survived. I would highly recommend this book to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment