Friday, June 17, 2011

LOVE HER TO DEATH (M. WILLIAM PHELPS)

This is a true crime story with an unbelievable story to tell. I just can't do this book justice with a review of my own this time so, I'm going to use the synopsis on the back cover. I know that's cheating a little, but I really couldn't put into words any better than it does, the depth, the intrigue and mystery surrounding this entire case.

"True love kills. In the midst of Pennsylvania's Amish country, on a peaceful summer night in 2008, the body of 45-year-old Jan Roseboro was found at the bottom of her backyard pool. Her husband Michael, a successful businessman and member of a prominent family, showed no emotion as he learned of her death. But the next day an autopsy revealed Jan had been savagely beaten and strangled before being tossed in the water to drown. Soon Michael's secret lover, pregnant with his child, stepped into the media spotlight. And a horrifying true story of illicit passion, deadly deceit, and cold-blooded murder unfolded..."

Phelps' account, through numerous interviews, court documents, and other research has made this true crime novel speak. I hope that Jan Roseboro can now rest in peace, somehow knowing that truth finally did prevail and the person responsible for her horrendous murder is now safely ensconced in a United States prison where he belongs!

June 17, 2011

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an exciting read! I like to watch true crime stories on shows like Dateline. --Rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Rae! I too love Dateline, 48 Hours, Fifth Esate, and all those true crime television shows. I even like Dog The Bounty Hunter! lol

    Have a good day and thanks again for stoppinb by to comment.

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love true stories on crime too. I watch 48 hours too. Thanks for sharing. Tc dear :)

    ReplyDelete